Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority(PFRDA) Helpline numbers

Toll free Number(s): 
  • 1800 11 0708
All India Number(s): 
  • +91-11-26897948
  • +91-11-26897949
Toll free number: 18001 10708

Contact Address

Contact Person: Kamal Kumar Chaudhry, Chief General Manager


 EMAIL: kamal [dot] chaudhry [at] pfrda [dot] org [dot] in


Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority was established by the Government of India on 23rd August 2003 to promote old age income security by establishing, developing and regulating pension funds, to protect the interests of subscribers to schemes of pension funds and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.


The Authority shall consist of a Chairperson and not more than five members, of whom at least three shall be whole-time members, to be appointed by the Central Government.


enquiry about NPS funds

I Dr. Jyoti Sharma posted in Civil Secterait, J and K as Assistant Director in Planning and Development Department on December 2011. After that I was attached to the State Health Society (NRHM) J&K in the month of ending May 2012. From December to May my NPS contribution is deposited smoothly after that from NRHM it was not deposited because the organisation is a centrally sponsored scheme and does not have any treasury operations.
Moreover the accounts officer in our department have not any knowledge about the NPS process as I m the single employee appointed under this scheme. So it is requested to your goodself kindly issue me the instructions that how I deposit my NPS share in my account.

Is pension arrears in death case be claimed after 14 Yrs

Pensioner of Rajasthan Govt who expired on 26/12/98 filled up revision of pension under 5th. pay commission .He is entitled to revision of pension till the time of his death. Pensioner Unmarried and myself nominee as claimant

regarding family pension

It is intimated that my father - in- law Late Amiya Gopal Chattopadhyay, who was pensioner of SE Railway vide PPO No. Pen/B-417/SE/91, expired on 30.12.11. The pension A/c No. of my father - in- law was 11377445702. It is to intimate here that after following prescribed procedure by me, State Bank of India, Purulia, where my mother -in - law have opened a new SB A/c bearing No. 31244341315 restored family pension and deposited in the above mentioned SB A/c to self for an amount of Rs 6565/- pm., which I presume seems to be much less than the actual family pension should have been.

No body is there to address Grievances on Pension Fund

Any amount deposited at Tire 1 or Tire 2 account via POP ICICI bank, New Delhi(CP Branch) takes at least one month to get reflected into account and ICICI bank is eating away the daily interests of the customers one month every time. Pension Fund Grievance Cell is also not interested to solve this issue. I request for immediate attention of RBI and Govt of India in this regard.

is the govt. contribution in the NPS tax free?

It has come to our knowledge that the employeer's contribution under the new pension scheme is tax free. kindly clarify and send the relavent document.

kamal choudhury is a man with rubber stamp

my wife had resigned from her job 1 year back.till now everybody is telling there is no guideline to return the money of NPS tier-1 after the ministry of finance cleared the fact.
contributions for many months are missing from the statement of transaction but on complaining CRA is telling to contact dept of space where she was working previously(1 year back)
on telling ministry of space they are teling we had deposited and you contact NSDL.
NSDL people are telling we don't know anything and we don't have any guideline how to return money.
now on complaining kamal choudhury he is silent .i don't know for which these people are paid.
how can govt forcibly take money compulsorily without asking for consent and not returning it telling that we don't have guidelines and half of the money is missing from the account,then also everybody is blaming each other.

Solution for your problem

Dear sir
A/c to NPS you can't draw the amount from T-1 upto the age of 60 year's , If the person resign the job then he/she can continue there contribution in any of the pop-sp or any State bank's by there PRAN number Ultimately the fund will goes to there account only, Now if you want to view your transaction details means you must have the I-pin Number with the help of this you can view your online ledger. This i-pin Number you will get by filling the I-pin request form, this you will find in the web site .

And for your Payment missing problem that you have to contact to your drawing officer where she was working first. Kindly go to that office and ask to provide the details of the contribution if you find those details then that details mail to pfrda then your problem will be slove.

If you have more queries then kindly mail me: alankitbellary [at] yahoo [dot] com

Thanking you

New Pension - Continuance or otherwise

My son NITIN SHARMA was in service in one of the Central Govt. Office In Delhi, His PAN No. is 110010338704-
after serving the Govt. Deptt he tendered his resignation from service Joins a MNC.

Please confirm How Much amount is there in his a/c as on date ?
2. whether the deposits can be paid to him right now or otherwise ?
3. If he can start contributing towards this A/c if so how much amount he should

Kindly reply per return mail.

RK Sharma

Post new comment

Comments written in incorrect English, improper grammar, using short forms, using Hindi words etc - those comments will be deleted.
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
  • Links to specified hosts will have a rel="nofollow" added to them.

  • Each email address will be obfuscated in a human readable fashion or (if JavaScript is enabled) replaced with a spamproof clickable link.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Enter the characters shown in the image.